2 quarts chicken stock
2 ounces dried mushrooms
1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tablespoon red chili paste
1⁄2 cup canned bamboo shoot
1⁄2 cup canned water chestnut, chopped
1⁄2 lb firm tofu, drained and sliced into strips
1⁄4 lb pork, sliced thin
1⁄4 cup soy sauce
1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1⁄4 cup water
1 large egg, beaten
3 tablespoons oil
green onion, chopped (to garnish)
- Reconstitute mushrooms in water according to package directions.
- Heat oil in wok or large pot.
- Add ginger, chile paste and pork, cook for about two minute.
- Add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and mushrooms, cook for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and sugar and
- pour into wok.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minute.
- Add tofu and cook another 3-5 minute.
- Mix cornstarch and water and add to soup and cook until thickened.
- Stir soup in one direction to get current going then add beaten egg,
- it will look feathery.
- Garnish soup with green onion and serve.
[wpforms id=”6447″ title=”false” description=”false”]