DELICIOUS APRICOTS STUFFED WITH CREAM/KAYMAKLI KAYISI TATLISI
This recipe is simplicity itself: the only thing to remember is to soak the apricots overnight and then the next day, to reserve 1 cup of that same liquid for the boiling with lemon and sugar.
Apricots stuffed with Cream/Kaymaklı Kayısı Tatlısı
- 250g/8oz Turkish dried apricots/kuru kayısı
- 1 cup water
- juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp sugar
- kaymak or clotted cream to serve (approx ½ roll of kaymak)
- flaked almonds or crushed pistachio nuts for garnish
- Soak the apricots overnight in cold water.
- Drain and reserve 1 cup of the water. Put the water in a pan with the apricots,
- lemon juice and sugar. Boil gently for 10 minutes or until the syrup thickens,
- taking care not to allow the apricots to become mushy.
- Allow to cool. Then split open the apricots and
- stuff with a spoonful of the cream. Arrange on a serving dish facing up, spoon over
- the syrup and sprinkle with either the pistachios or flaked almonds.
- I decided that I wanted to toast the almonds so quickly did exactly that in a small frying pan over medium heat.
An easy dessert that tastes just as good as it looks!
Easy to eat too: just pop one straight in your mouth and ENJOY!
[wpforms id=”6447″ title=”false” description=”false”]