FRENCH APPLE CAKE with a TWIST
- 1 Cup of flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of chemical yeast (baking powder)
- A pinch of salt
- 4 large apples, if possible of different varieties *
- 1/4 pound of butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3 M eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons aged rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- tablespoons marmalade
- 3/4 cup cream
* I used 2 Granny Smith, 1 Golden delicious, 1 Royal Gala. For my taste, a perfect combination. The Granny Smith gives it an amazing flavor.
- We light the oven at 350ºF, heat up and down, no fan.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, the yeast and the salt. Reserve.
- Peel and dishearten the apples and split them into thin slices and squares. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until they foam, add the sugar in the form of rain and mix.
- Add the rum, mix a little and then the vanilla extract. Mix.
- Add half of the flour and mix.
- Add half of the butter and mix
- We add the rest of the flour. Mix.
- We add the rest of butter and mix.
- We throw the apples and mix with a spatula until they are all well filled with dough.
- We put in a removable mold with the bottom lined with paper and the sides greased with enough butter.
- With a spatula we smooth the surface.
- We bake for 50-60 minutes or until we stick with a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Let it cool about 5 minutes in the mold and unmold.
- Mix ingredients for glaze
[wpforms id=”6447″ title=”false” description=”false”]